EURENSSA - ‘European Environmental Science Student Association’ - is a yearly conference and summer camp for students of environmental science and sustainable development. EURENSSA facilitates exchange of knowledge and skills across the boundaries of academic disciplines and nationalities to enable the upcoming generation of professionals to address the challenges associated with increasing urbanization and a changing climate. EURENSSA is organized by a team of students and takes place in another country every year (see map). About 30 students from all over Europe participate in a range of activities such as participant presentations, guest lectures, excursions to research institutions, and workshops.
List of Previous EURENSSA Meetings
EURENSSA meetings have been organized in following countries:
- EURENSSA 2006 - Latvia, Ineši, 17-23 July
- EURENSSA 2007 - Germany, Biesenthal, 15-21 July, "Renewable Energy Use in Germany"
- EURENSSA 2008 - Romania, Costeşti, 13-19 July, "Anthropological influences on the biodiversity"
- EURENSSA 2009 - Serbia, Iron Gate (Djerdap), 12-18 July, "Climate changes and their impacts on ecosystems in Serbia"
- EURENSSA 2010 - Latvia, Zūras, 18-24 July, "Environmentally friendly management and every day actions"
- EURENSSA 2011 - Ukraine, Chernigov, 22 July - 1 August, "Everyday actions for sustainable living"
- EURENSSA 2012 - Sweden/Finland (Åland islands), 9-18 July, "Sustainability in Coastal Communities"
- EURENSSA 2013 - Turkey, Izmir, 1-8 July, "Sustainable Living"
- EURENSSA 2014 - Serbia - cancelled
- EURENSSA 2015 - Germany, Hohstein, 1-8 August, "The Blind Men and the Elephant - Interdisciplinary Environmental Research"
- EURENSSA 2016 - Belarus, near Minsk, 23 - 31 July, "Energy: sustainable tomorrow starts today"